Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, Derek and I had the day off thanks to our first ever fall break! I spent my day working in Little Rock for Tobi Fairley Interior Design, where I interned this summer. Derek spent the day working on the house (look for an update in the next few days!!) Yesterday was also "Grandparents Day" at Harding Academy. Every year there is a big lunch and all of the student's grandparents are invited to attend. There are activities that go on all day, including a silent auction and Chili Supper that evening. That's where Anna-Kate spent the day with Kristen, Uncle Ryne, Grandma and Granddaddy and GG. She had a lot of fun! When I got home Derek and I met everyone at the school for the Chili supper and then we went to the game. It took about 20 minutes of the game before the girls busy day was evident:


Tuckered out from a long day!

Then today we woke up early (relatively) and went to a pumpkin patch about 30 minutes away!! You could pick your own pumpkin, go through a corn maze, go on a hay ride, eat lunch, visit with some farm animals, pick cotton, or just choose to play on the hay bales! Needless to say, the pumpkin patch was a hit!!


Here's Anna-Kate all ready to go pick a pumpkin!

Kristen decided to get in with her.
"I'd like that pumpkin please"




Kristen found herself a pumpkin
And so did Anna-Kate!

Looking for a pumpkin to pick!

Then we played in the hay...

and went to see the animals! Anna-Kate was trying to get the Llama's attention!



He was a little shy

The goat was a bit friendlier...

Then I was able to sneak in a few pictures...






Off to the hay ride!


Sitting in some cotton! Everyone was pretty sleepy by this point

What a great time we had! Both of the girls were in such great moods, it was really wonderful for us! I hope that we can make it an annual outing! I think the girls will really enjoy it a lot when they are older! My dad was supposed to come to visit today, but he was not able to. We're still not sure if he's going to be able to come tomorrow or just have to make the trip another time. I was looking forward to getting to spend some time with him and to have an extra set of hands around the house! The painting has really taken a back burner this past week, so now I'm in need of some helpers!! Derek and I are working to be able to move in next week. I can't wait to put pictures up of the progress we've made!






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background