Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"We have Birthday Party!"

Last week while Derek and I were getting ready to meet his parents for lunch, when we heard the girls singing "Happy Day!!" at the top of their lungs. They had sung it all morning, so I didn't think too much about it. Then I heard Anna-Kate say "i want ice keem!" and it occurred to me that I had noticed Derek's birthday cake sitting on our dining room table without the lid on it and with one piece left. So I sent Derek to check on the girls, following close behind him. This is what we found:

Somehow the girls got 2 plates and 2 forks out of the kitchen, cut the cake into what seemed like 2 equal pieces, and proceeded to put it on each of their plates! All with very little mess! When Derek asked Kristen what they were doing she proudly said "we have birthday party!!"
Scary thing is that I think Anna-Kate was the instigator in all of this, since she's the one who would know where to find the plates and forks! I also think she's the one who served the cake, since it was right by her chair!!
At least they chose paper plates!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background