Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hello Handsome!


Thomas is 4 months now! (He's actually 4 months, 1 week and 3 days- but who's counting?) Wow does time fly or what??!

I got this little outfit for him in January and I kept saying, he can wear this now! No one believed me though! Well here he is one month later and he really fills this out well! The little pants are starting to get snug around his tummy.

So, I've never been really good at doing a "here's what baby's doing" report but here goes my best shot!

At 4 months Thomas is really showing his personality. He's laid back but playful. He loves to stare and observe everything. He gets fussy but usually it's only when he's ready to eat and I don't get to him fast enough.

Month 3 was a bit rough for him. He started having colic-like behavior. He would be up all day wanting to be held and he wouldn't really nap well. Finally, I asked the doctor if he could have reflux and/ or a small food sensitivity. Sure enough, it seems like Thomas has both! I have been working on narrowing down what foods tend to make him fussier. It's a bit tricky to do but I think I've figured out that chocolate is one big culprit. I believe my little cake balls really did him in (I really only had a few bites...) So, I have found out that even just a half of a Reese's cup will make him a little fussy! Sometimes a girl just has to have her chocolate though! As for the reflux, it's pretty mild so I'm just taking it a day at a time.

Thomas took his first bottle last week! I had some milk saved up for him, but he never really could get the hang of the bottle. Typically babies won't take a bottle from their mommies but so far, he's only really taken the one I offered. Boy did he enjoy it! :)

Speaking of his eating... I was told that we could go on and start feeding him solids. It's really important for me to nurse Thomas as long as I can, so I want to hold him off a bit. Introducing solids is the first step towards weaning. I'm not sure how long we'll nurse... I'll let him tell he when he's ready. For now, he's a bit sensitive to things I'm eating and he's content to nurse, so we're delaying solids a bit longer. Although, that probably won't fly much longer for my little piglet!
At his last doctor's appointment he was 25 1/2" long and weighed 15 pounds 7 ounces! Although, that was a few weeks ago and I'm just positive t
hat he's hit another growth spurt!

Thomas HATES his tummy time!! I'm not going to lie- I've been absolutely terrible about giving it to him! I'm a big baby and can't stand upsetting him when I don't have to though! The last time I really tried to "enforce" tummy time, it ruined his entire day! Instead, he prefers to spend his time sitting up or standing! He's actually gotten pretty good at sitting up! He'll sit propped up for a bit! I know it won't be long before he's sitting on his own!


Thomas is a great sleeper! His third month was a little different. He started taking shorter naps during the day but then he'd sleep all night. It's a little difficult not having time to myself during Anna-Kate's naps, but I can't complain because I am getting to sleep all night! He normally will fall asleep around 8 or 9 and he will wake up around 5 or 6 to eat. Then he goes right back to sleep for another hour or two- depending on how loud big sis is! Lately his naps have gotten a little longer during the day though- about two hours long!

Derek and I just are so blessed to have such a beautiful baby! (Well two!) I'm so grateful that Thomas is such a calm, laid back little guy! The last month was tough but we got through it and hopefully we can avoid most of his fussiness by adjusting my diet! I'm so grateful for him and Anna-Kate. They have taught me so much about love. Anna-Kate is absolutely the best big sister ever! She loves to hold and kiss on him!



Our life would be pretty boring with out children!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute babies!! Come link up to arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com. We are just getting started:)

sara said...

i love my niece and nephew :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background