Sunday, June 29, 2008

Introducing: Our Family


Welcome to our blog!! We are the Glover family, and we thought we would take a moment to introduce ourselves in this first blog post. Our family began about two years ago when Derek and Nicki tied the knot. After four wonderful months of marriage we got a little surprise.


On July 19, 2007, Anna-Kate Olivia was born. (Weighing 6 pounds 10 ounces). Now we're nearing two years as a family and we decided to chronicle our time together at least somewhat. We hope you enjoy getting to know us and perhaps we will get to know you as well. If you're family then we are so happy that we have this way to keep you up to date on what's going on with us here in Searcy, AR.




We hope that through this blog we might be able to share advice, get advice, and encourage one another. So without further delay, please allow us to introduce ourselves.



Nicki: I am 22 years old, originally from Franklin, TN. I am currently a senior interior design major at Harding University in Searcy, AR. That is where Derek and I met. I am currently working for T.Lamarr Interiors in Little Rock. I have an older sister, Sara, who lives in London. And a younger sister, Jessie, who is a sophomore at Harding. I love photography and scrapbooking. There's so much more to tell but I'll be sure to tell you more as time goes on.



Derek: I am a senior economics major at Harding. I am 22 and originally from Searcy. I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and I love all baseball. I plan on pursuing an MBA with Harding and getting into the Sports Management field one day. My other hobbies are politics (used to be a political science major) and broadcasting (used to be a broadcast journalism major). Right now I am preaching full time at the Lepanto church of Christ in Lepanto, AR. So we make the hour and a half long drive every Friday and back every Sunday night, but it is so worth it.



We are both very passionate people who love our lives and our family. We hope you will enjoy reading about what's going on with us. We hope to post a few times a week but it may be more or less. Occasionally Nicki will post and sometimes it will be Derek. You will hear all the news and events as well as some opinions and thoughts but we hope you find it interesting regardless the subject. Thanks again, see you soon!!!

1 comments:

sara said...

love the blog! it's so sweet. i can't wait to read your posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background