Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fat Off Fridays


Today I'm linking up with Amanda at Money Family Musings

I've put off sharing my weight struggles but now I feel like it's time to share, so that I can have something to hold myself accountable. 

Several weeks ago Derek and I decided we wanted to make a change and lose some weight. We decided to join weight watchers. 

It is very important for me to do something that will be more of a full adjustment. I don't want to try a diet that I will gain weight when I get off of it. I know that I need to add exercise into my routine as well. 

These are my goals for weight loss: 

* Drink the recommended water daily (64 oz) 
* Exercise at least 2-3 times a week
* Scale down my portions
* Plan healthy meals for most of our dinners 

I don't want to put so much pressure on myself that I get easily discouraged, so if I'm off my diet one or two days a week, I'm just not going to stress out about it. 

Probably my biggest weight loss goal is to lose 50 pounds. It's so hard to admit but I'm just that overweight. I promise that I don't have unrealistic expectations of how small I should be. For my stature, that's what is healthy. 

I really want to make excuses about why I'm in this situation, but I am not going to. I'm here and I'm ready to do something about it! 

So, I'm happy to say that so far I have lost 5 pounds! :) I can't wait to share when I've lost 5 more pounds! haha! 

I decided to record my measurements so next week I'll report back with what I've lost in pounds and inches! Well hopefully it will be down. I've had a few weeks where I've not lost any weight but I haven't gained either, so I take those as a success too! 

I think it's really important to be honest about our weight and to build up a network of friends that will hold each other accountable, even thought I'm the worst about doing this. 

Comment on Amanda's post and share your link if you'd like to join in on the support! Feel free to leave me some love too! ;) 

1 comments:

Amanda Lowery Money said...

Thanks for posting! It's not always easy to talk about, but I know we can do it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background