Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

Okay- I get the bad mom award for not taking any pictures of Thomas today! We started Carpenter's Kids today (basically a Tuesday/ Thursday mother's day out program done by a local church). 

Thomas is in my class along with 8 other little boys and 3 little girls. He's by far the youngest, but he did really good today! He surprised me by sitting during the Bible lesson and during lunch. He definitely has issues with me holding or giving too much attention to the other little children, but I know he will get used to that. 

I meant to get a picture of Thomas' lunch too. Since our theme this week is God made me special, I wanted to make him a little face sandwich. Thomas loves bananas, so I thought he'd like a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I left the crust on the top and cut the bottom of the bread so that it looked like a face with hair. Then I just sliced a couple of pieces of string cheese for the eyes an a quartered grape made the pupil. He also had a string cheese mouth. I got a kick out of it, but Thomas could care less- ha! Isn't that how it always goes? 

Thomas was absolutely worn out! Derek picked him up and took him home for a nap, while I stayed and cleaned up. I really hate to wake Thomas up when he's sleeping, so it helps to get Thomas on home so he's up by the time I go pick up Anna-Kate. He was still sound asleep 4 hours later, but we had to pick up big sis. 

Anna-Kate cracked me up because she was so excited for Thomas! She told me she told her kids (her classmates) that her brother was going to school and her mommy was the teacher. Then the first thing she said when we picked her up was "Did Thomas have a good day?" Such a good big sister! 

I am one of 3 teachers in our class. Today was the first time most of them had been in any type of "school" setting so things were a little new to them. I know that it's going to be easier for them as they get used to our routine and schedules. We had a lot of fun today, but I was worn out! Who would have thought that teaching 11 2-year olds would be so tiring? ha! 

Sorry for the picture-less blog, but I promise to have pictures on Thursday! Tomorrow is my first day of Ladies Bible Class. I am so excited about getting a little time to study with other women. The ladies in the class are so inspiring. I always love to go and learn from them. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background