Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!!

Beware- lots of pictures of my cuties!
(or yotz and yotz as Anna-Kate would say!)

I love Easter! It's probably one of my favorite holidays.

Actually- Derek pointed out that I say that at every holiday! ha.

Anyway, this year was especially fun since Anna-Kate is old enough to get into the day. She amazes me with her creativity and imagination. I was thrilled to see how excited she got over dyeing her eggs and getting ready for the Easter bunny!

Thursday Anna-Kate, Thomas and I dyed our eggs. Obviously Thomas couldn't do much, but he enjoyed watching Anna-Kate and I! :)

The egg kit I got came with a "magic" crayon, so we could write and color on the eggs and then see the message when we dyed them!

Coloring on eggs can be tricky, but Anna-Kate really liked it!

Friday morning Anna-Kate had an egg hunt at school. This was really the first school party that she's had- so I was super excited! Derek and his grandmother got to come visit for a while too! I think that it threw Anna-Kate a little off when we came to visit but I'm glad we got to be there for her. She had so much fun hunting Easter eggs!

The little red-head is Molly. I always see her playing with Anna-Kate when I pick her up from school. I think she's really cute!

Saturday we told Anna-Kate that she had to set her basket of eggs out so the Easter bunny could take them to Lepanto and hide them for her. Then we told her that he would put a surprise in her basket and when we got back from lunch it'd be there! Anna-Kate was so excited! haha! She couldn't wait to get to bed!

I didn't get too many pictures of Anna-Kate in her dress! :(

Sunday morning after church Derek told her he saw the Easter bunny hopping away from the house earlier. Anna-Kate just gasped and put her hands on either cheek in surprise! It was too cute!

Derek's family came to church with us too. It was really nice having everyone together. After lunch we went back to the house and Anna-Kate and Thomas got to look in their Easter baskets. Then the girls went on their Easter egg hunt!

They had so much fun! The ground was wet and I didn't want the dye to rub off Anna-Kate's eggs and onto her dress, so I changed her into one of her new outfits. She was too funny with her glasses and the outfit on! I was laughing at her sass the whole time!

Thomas was just too cute in his little bubble! He was in such a great mood, I was able to snap a ton of great pictures. Instead of bogging this post down with a bunch, I'll make a separate one just for him tomorrow!!
Aside from Easter, we had a really busy week and weekend. Derek is taking accounting online, so he's been caught up with that. He's also working with the economics team. They are competing next week, so he had a couple of practices last week. Friday, we had campaign pictures made and then Saturday I hosted a shower for a friend of mine that's getting married in June. Derek and I also made SO much progress on the outside too, but I'll save that for another post!! I love weeks when there's a lot going on, even if it does wear me out!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background