Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Well we had another relaxing weekend! We have been working so hard at maintaining the cleaning and laundry during the week so we have more downtime during the weekend. So far, so good- we are only a few weeks into it but just a few more and we've got a habit, right? ha. 

Anna-Kate was pretty worn out on Friday so she and Thomas went to bed early. Derek and I decided to rent Inception. It was one of those mind twisting movies where you really have to pay close attention but I really liked it!

Saturday morning I decided to meet my friend Amanda and her son, Jackson, for breakfast so then Derek could have the house to himself for his studying. (He's on week two of studying for his Series 66 and Series 7 exams).

I really thought it would be more relaxing than it was! I hate to admit that but by the end I was not feeling my best and jittery from juggling the kids and our conversation. I don't think I was much fun to be around! Sorry Amanda!

When we first got there Anna-Kate decided to whine about not having a friend to play with and that she wanted this or that. All Thomas cared about was eating. I tried to go in the play place with both of them, but poor Thomas was worried I was going to just leave him in there so he clung on to me for dear life and cried.

Things were better after Amanda showed up and we got our food. Having to balance the two of them is so hard for me when they are both fussing over one thing or another. Thankfully most of the time it's just one of them. I think they were thrown off that they didn't have Derek there with them.

When we got home, we put Anna-Kate and Thomas in bed for a nap. Anna-Kate decided she didn't want to nap so we let her play outside with our neighbors little girl. She had so much fun with her!

Derek and I decided that it was a great day to start on spring cleaning! We want to tackle a different room every week so that we don't get in over our heads and can really focus on total cleaning.

 We started with our living room. It was a big task but we moved everything out and cleaned the floors really well and "shook" out our rug and then we re-arranged! I always love moving things around. It makes me feel so refreshed! I took a couple of pictures but they turned out funky so I will re-do them and post them later.

After we finally got everything in and settled Anna-Kate and I took a nap while Derek and Thomas played together.

Derek's parents came over for dinner and the girls finally got to play. Poor Anna-Kate was really missing Kristen! 

We had a normal, relaxing Sunday! I even got a nice long nap. 

What's not to love about that weekend? 

Ps. Sorry there are no photos! My camera was dead most of the weekend! :) 

1 comments:

Candace said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I haven't met another Ana Kate, so that is SO neat....obviously I love the name (and Ana Kate is my little one's first name...not first and middle as many people assume). :)

I had fun browsing through your blog and your kids are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background