Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered

A day off! 

Well the doctor didn't order it and I don't just have one day, but you know what I mean! :)

Today was SO fun! I think I appreciated my day at home a whole more than I used to and I know Derek certainly enjoyed having his dinner on the table when he walked in. ha! 

Derek "let" me sleep in this morning, so I was barely awake when he and Anna-Kate left. (Before you say anything about me being a lazy bum, keep reading!) I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't and then I thought about what I needed to get done so I woke up and took a nice long shower. Those are great, aren't they??! Then, I wasted an hour on the computer. (Now you can call me a lazy bum!) 

Thomas woke up right as I was finished getting ready so I fed him and we played and took our time getting ready. 

Then we went to the dollar store in search of a styrofoam or straw wreath for my craft day. I looked at Walmart but didn't find one and then the dollar store didn't have one. Hey- in a small town those are the places you go for these things! We don't have a fancy Hobby Lobby! ;) Ooohhh I wish we did though!! 

When we got home we had just enough time for a snack and to start some fruit tea and chicken and dumplin's before Amanda and Jackson came over for our crafts! 

I found the wreath ideas from Lauren over at Little Big Nest! We were in the same social club at Harding and I've been following her blog for a while now. She has the cutest house and is always inspiring with her creative decorating and crafts! Since we couldn't make our wreaths today we decided to try the toilet paper pumpkins that Lauren also made this fall! 

They were pretty easy to make and also pretty inexpensive! Each pumpkin takes a roll of toilet paper, a small piece of newspaper and some fabric! (you can click on the link above for the step-by-step instructions)



Amanda's are the red and the tan ones. I think they turned out so cute! She had really great fabric to work with! 

While I worked this is what Thomas did... 


hahaha! 

Amanda and I took a little time to take pictures of our boys let our boys play outside... they're just so cute! 







And that's where the pictures stop! I hate it when I forget to take pictures!! 

After Amanda and Jackson left, Thomas and I went to pick up Anna-Kate from school. She got out early today and I was so excited to spend some extra time with her!

When she got home Thomas laid down for a nap and then she helped me finish the chicken and dumplings! She really loves to put things in and stir them. Anna-Kate loves to help in the kitchen and I really try to let her most of the time. 

Anna-Kate laid down for a nap after that. I really thought that Thomas would be up soon, so I just relaxed for a couple of hours. I finished up the chicken and dumplings and got the table all set for dinner and then Thomas woke up, just in time for Derek to get home! Anna-Kate wound up sleeping until 5:30! 

After dinner we got cleaned up and ready for bible study. We host a home bible study, so we usually try to have some sort of a snack each week. While we were waiting on it to be time for church, Anna-Kate recited her memory verse for us! It totally took us off guard! I knew that they were learning memory verses each week but that was the first time we've ever been able to get her to say it! It was so cute! I wish I had gotten it on video! Maybe tomorrow I can! 

It was "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5 

I mean, that's a pretty tough memory verse and she said it all... including the book, chapter and verse! I was impressed! 

Thomas went to bed pretty soon after church and then Anna-Kate and I stayed up and read books together. She told me that she had to read 5 books so she could get her name written at school. ha! I'm not exactly sure what that means, but we read the 5 books just to be on the safe side. :) She has really started to love reading! I'm so glad because I used to read all the time. 

When they went to bed I finished my fruit tea and made hash brown breakfast casserole for MOPs tomorrow. I love fruit tea but I've had the hardest time getting it right! I think I need to just read the recipe closer. ha! 

So, I had a busy day but I loved every minute of it! Tomorrow is another busy day with MOPs and then packing for our trip. We are leaving tomorrow night for Franklin! I'm hoping to squeeze a little time to bake some pumpkin bread in there too. 

If you can't tell, I love being busy and I love cooking! I think that's just what I needed to snap out of my funky mood I've been in lately! 

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I love the pictures of sweet little Thomas!!!

Ashley E. said...

I love the pumpkins!! I will definitely have to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background