Thursday, August 5, 2010

Derek's Birthday Bash!

Okay, so it wasn't really a "bash" but Tuesday night Derek's family came over to celebrate his birthday! 

I had planned on attempting to make his cake on my own with homemade butter cream icing! Then I decided he needed ice cream. 

Since his favorite thing ever is chocolate, I went with a dark chocolate cake mix and then made chocolate buttercream icing. Derek told me a while ago that vanilla ice cream was too boring, so I made double chocolate peanut butter ice cream! It was REALLY rich but good! 

I wish I had gotten a picture of my cake, since I actually was able to decorate it, but my camera battery died on Saturday and I haven't charged it! Whoops! 

Since I was doing so much I decided to just pick up a lasagna from the Mixing Bowl. It's a place right down the street that makes up meals and you can just buy them, pop them in the oven and you're good to go. No mess. It was really good! I'm glad I didn't have to cook. :)

Derek's been getting a lot of attention lately, with his graduation Saturday and all...  so I think he's had enough now. ;) Ha- I'm exhausted!

3 comments:

Ashley E. said...

Oooo I need that cake in my life! That sounds so good! Oh and this is a reply from your comment, I didn't know if you would go back and check so I'm just going to put it on here too! :)
I'll try that, she isn't a fan of green veggies, but maybe she'll like them! I'm going to Rhea Lana tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, because I rack up at the LR ones! The one is west little rock is next week. You should come down and we can go to lunch and then shop till we drop! Haha!

katandkarl said...

found your blog on AR Women's bloggers. Your little one's are adorable!

Nicki said...

katandkari, thanks for checking us out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background