Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Happenings

We had a fairly relaxed, low-key weekend! It was so nice.

Friday, I got off work in time to run to a consignment sale with Derek. They didn't have much left (it was the second to last day) but I did find two cute play dresses for Anna-Kate and the cutest Harding cheerleader uniform that I got a great deal on! She was so excited about it that she wore it all day on Saturday!


After we picked the kids up from school, we had to run an errand to the fire station. Anna-Kate went with her class earlier this year so she was pretty excited. When we got there, they let her get in and sit in the driver's seat. She was pretty nervous and wanted Derek right by her side. Thomas, on the other hand, was thrilled and could not wait for his turn! Before we left, they flashed the lights and Thomas just giggled! Future fire fighter on our hands, maybe? I wish I had taken pictures but I didn't expect to get a tour of the truck!

On a side note- did you know they had to leave the truck doors open? It makes sense now that I think of it, but dummy me shut the door! ha! I was a little embarrassed, but they didn't say anything!

After the fire station, Anna-Kate wanted to eat at Chick-fil-a, so we decided to go. After we ate, we saw my friend Amanda, her husband Jordan, and their son Jackson, so we decided to stay for some ice cream! While we were talking I let Thomas play. He's played before but never been interested in climbing. I guess Jackson encouraged him, because he went all the way to the top and just hung out! He stayed up there for a while, but Anna-Kate made sure and checked on him. I finally had to come up there and get him down so we could leave. While I was coming down this little boy said "um, you're too big to be up here" ha! Gotta love his honesty!

Saturday, we got up and decided to go over and see Derek's parents. Derek's mother and I went on and made our grocery run while the girls played.

When I got back, Anna-Kate was bawling! Apparently, the dog had bit Anna-Kate when she tried to pet one of the little puppies. Derek calmed her down but then Anna-Kate got my camera out of the diaper bag. Derek's dad told her that the camera was for mommies to use and it hurt Anna-Kate's feelings SO bad! She has been on a kick lately where she thinks she's a mommy. She has about 5 babies, so that does qualify her... :) So when she got my camera taken away and was told that she actually was not a mommy, she lost it. You guessed it- she was beyond ready for a nap! :)

We had a normal afternoon evening. It was our cooking Saturday, so that's mostly what we did but we had it all cleaned up by about 7:30.

Derek had the guys over for a long game of Risk. Seriously- you don't want to know how long the game lasted! (5 1/2 hours!) Thankfully, Derek has been working hard to get our shed cleaned out and converted into his "man cave" so they played out there.

Today, we had Derek's family over for lunch... my first pork pot roast. It turned out so good. I think I'm going to switch over to pork roasts all the time from now on- so tender! I also made Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake. That's my absolute favorite thing. It's fast and simple to make and it's so good it melts in your mouth! Definitely a crowd pleaser!

I thought it would be fun to start taking pics on Sunday mornings.



This afternoon, I met Amanda to help me pick out some fabric for my dining chair project. I found a fabric I liked, but it was a little high. When I got home I decided to search for it online. I wound up finding a fabric that I liked better for 1/3 of the cost! So, I can't wait to order it and get my chairs done! :)

My weekend got off to a really great start. I am overwhelmed by all of the sweet comments on my family post. I really appreciate you taking the time to read it. It is nice to feel so much love and support. Thank you all. I can't explain it but I know I am one blessed girl. I am so grateful that I could share my story with you. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

background